Friday, April 8, 2011

Live like you're dying

Why is it that we have such a hard time remembering to live our lives?

We talk of the things we would do, the way we would live, the risks we would take if we were dying.

What if we only had a few more minutes left to live? What would you do with your last moments on Earth? Who would you call? Who would you kiss? What would you do with those moments?

I try to make a habit out of living each day to the fullest extent. Now, I don't mean just throwing caution to the wind every day and making sure I do something spectacular - but whatever I am doing, do it. Wherever I am, be there. Whatever emotion I'm experiencing, push it through your fingers and toes until your bones vibrate with the intensity of what your brain can do.

I guess that's why people say I'm dramatic. Or that I'm crazy. Or confident. Or anything else that people say I am. But you know what?

At the end of every day, I can honestly say that if it all ended, my list of regrets would be short.

So whoever you are, and whatever you do with your time, just.... don't get caught up in the bureaucracy of life. The paperwork. Call that person you want to talk to. Ask that girl (or guy) out. Take that trip.

And don't just do it because tomorrow, you might die.

Do it because today, you might live.

Who knew I could be inspirational?

2 comments:

  1. What do you mean who knew you could be inspirational? Your life is inspirational!

    ReplyDelete