Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Jumping through hoops

So, my roommate Lauren and I have been noticing recently, how little motivation we have to do anything school related. Yesterday, for example, we both were supposed to go to class. But we didn't. Instead, I deep cleaned the carpet on the stairs.

Yeah. I'd rather deep clean the freaking carpet than attend a class.

And so a few minutes ago, as we were both desperately trying to get energy to do the few (but MAJOR) projects and assignments we have left, I realized something.

I've been jumping through hoops.



And I've been so distracted by trying to get through all of them that I never realized that they have led me back to EXACTLY where I was before I started this whole mess.

I don't care about jobs. I don't care about careers. I care about making enough money to do what I really want to do - live a life that allows me the freedom I need.

So thank you, thousands of dollars spent on higher education. I really am grateful to my parents for helping me with that. I just..... wonder if in the end it was necessary. Or even desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment