Monday, October 11, 2010

DISCLAIMER

So it seems I've offended some people with that last post.

My honest first reaction is "get over it".

And then I realized that I should just explain. That was not written in reaction to or because of specific people. My interaction with some people made me wonder about certain things, and that post was mostly about GOD rather than anyone esle. Yes, recent events helped all my thoughts come to the point where I kind of had to spew them out, but I was not even mildly enraged or worried or upset when I wrote that. I was just thinking.

So much gets lost in semantics over the internet.

So if you think it was about you, it wasn't. It was about friendships in general. It was just me wondering. And trying to reconcile my idea of perfect love with what people tell me it is.

-L

3 comments:

  1. Leah love. Its Kari. Your long lost friend. so excited to be following your blog p.s., just discovered it and i'm stoked.

    ok, on this subject. Yes, yes yes. I agree. I don't like it when people say things to help "better" me when really it just makes me feel worse knowing that if someone that knows me pretty well is going to say that it MUST be true and is therefore pretty stinky.

    Onto true love. to me how I know my husband is pretty ridiculoso perfect for my personality is he won't tell me "you should realize you do this because it'd be better if you didn't." rather he'll constructively criticize me on two levels: 1. When I ASK him "is it annoying that I do this?" or "how do you think so and so will react when i say this..." etc. and 2. When he says "dont do such and such because you always hate yourself afterwards."

    and to me this is true love (even if he is still learning to WAIT until i ASK for his advice instead of giving it when i'm not ready...men.) is because he KNOWS me. He knows me better than any other person on this planet and holy smokes he knows me so well to point out my flaws.

    ok this is rambling. but to me, that's a part of true love. Noticing someones short-comings but only sharing when THEY'RE wanting to hear it and just caring enough to know them at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You deleted my comment? Even more lame.

    ReplyDelete