Monday, March 8, 2010

Brutal Honesty

That's my latest kick. Just telling it exactly like it is.

It's actually incredibly refreshing. It's kind of nerve-racking. It's kind of awesome.

It ends up with things like this:
"I'm very attracted to you. You have a nice figure, pretty hair, and a beautiful smile."
 or try this one on for size!
"You're being stupid. You're not stupid, but you're acting like it."

Things like that. Cutting out all the crap, all the meaningless conversation.
I've discovered that if you demand honesty from people, they'll eventually buckle and give it to you.

I made armenian food this weekend, and it came out GREAT! When I go home I'll have to make it again. I was told that I should open a restaurant. I guess I could make it a combination armenian - mexican restaurant. What could I call it; La Hamov Cantina?

Isn't it funny that boys come in waves? There are only two options; a drought or a flood. I'm the flood area now. Not that I'm complaining, I like going on dates.

Basically things are fine. I think I've finally been honest enough with the people around me that they understand now. For the first time since my misison.

It's like I've invested little parts of myself into different people. A little here, a little there. Is there anyone that's a secure investment? I'm sure only time will tell with that one.

It's the law of increasing returns.

1 comment:

  1. i love the randomness. i think la hamov cantina sounds shat lav and you should probably test it out on me. heart you.

    ReplyDelete