Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Los Juegos del Hambre!

So usually I wait to blog until I have something interesting, bizarre, or intelligent to say. Well, I don't know if the following will fit any of those categories, but as I've said multiple times before, if you don't like it, read someone else's blog.

So I went to see The Hunger Games this Saturday. And I thoroughly enjoyed it. When I saw the teasers and previews a few months ago, I was doubtful. Don't get me wrong, they certainly rile you up quite a bit. But it looked like a shoddy production from what I could see.

BLOWN. AWAY.

I don't pretend to be some sort of advanced movie critic, but here's the thing for me - I was 100% entertained 100% of the time. I knew how the story ended, since I read the books, but every part of the moviegoing experience was there.

I felt an agitating but not unhealthly level of anxiety for what would happen next. (Evidenced by my frequent change in sitting position).

I slowly grew to like the Katniss character (which I think was the goal; you're not supposed to like her that much at first).



I believed the character's motivations.

And I was rooting for the correct people. (One of the many reasons Avatar was flawed, in my opinion. I was rooting for capitalism the whole time.)

My only complaint was parts of the soundtrack... I'm not sure if I just didn't get it, or if it was off, but the music seemed oddly placed in some parts.

I fully plan on seeing it again. And again. And I think you should too.

1 comment:

  1. I loved it, too!!! And I like your "critique" of the movie.

    ReplyDelete