Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Adventures on Wheels!

The past 2 weeks or so, I have optimistically set my alarms (there are 3 of them, that go off at a time ending in "3", and then 7 minutes later, and then 3 minutes after that. So I give myself 10 minutes to wake up) to an early enough time to get up, get ready, and ride my bike to work.

So far, I have failed. Either the outside is too cold, or rainy, or my bed is too warm or my house doens't smell NEARLY enough like bacon for me to get out of bed.


See that cereal right there? NOT GOING TO CUT IT.

Well, Monday of this week, I left my house at the usual time, and got to work 10 minutes late. BOO. Traffic.

Yesterday, I left my house 20 minutes early, and got to work 10 minutes late. BOO! TRAFFIC!!!

So as I was sitting in my little carlet yesterday,


Isn't he cute? I need to make mine look as nice as this one. Also, almost every purple 2001 Hyundai Accent I could find was almost unrecognizable because it had been tricked out by someone. Really? On a car with a 4 cylinder engine that sounds more like a sewing machine than a motor vehicle?
 watching a cow lick a barbed wire fence over and over again (really? what could POSSIBLE be so delicious to be worth licking sharp metal????) and listening to the soundtrack to Xanadu, I decided that it was time.

So this morning, when I woke up, instead of rolling over and snuggling deeper into my comforter, I rolled out of bed and got to work. I threw some leggings on under my dress and a slip in my purse for when I got to work, and headed off.

Things I noticed on my way to work that I didn't know about that particular route before:

1) There is a house that sells fresh eggs. I want some.



2) There are exactly 11 llamas on the llama farm I pass. And when you make chubacca noises at them, they all look up with the same quizzical expression on their face. I could just imagine them as a greek chorus, speaking in unison: "HARK! What foul mouthed gliding beast is this?"



3) There are cows in one of the fields I pass. Like, cows I never noticed before. Cows are big. How did I overlook cows?

4) The organics food stand is quaint and I want to buy breakfast there. Except they're not open yet. BOO.

5) When you bike past people who drove past you 10 minutes ago, everyone gets agitated. Like that moment in Office Space when an old woman with a walker passes you and you're in your car....

I think I like this whole "biking to work" thing.

1 comment:

  1. "I could just imagine them as a greek chorus, speaking in unison: "HARK! What foul mouthed gliding beast is this?""

    hahahahahahahahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete