Monday, June 27, 2011

Thailand.... in a coconut shell

So debby and i survived Bangkok.... man was that city intense. Never seeing the sky because of pollution, smelly river.... delicious smoothies! And some pretty shiny buddhist temples.

We also took a day trip to Ayutthaya, which was incredible! We saw all the ruins from when the Burmese sacked the city,and also that face in a tree thing. I got to speak spanish all day because the other 4 people we went with were from spain.... it was really fun.

We are now in chiang mai. and it is AMAZING. I feel like we've gone from a tropical metropolis to the jungle! seriously.... I'm in the jungle people.

All is well, everyone is super nice and almost everyone speaks at least functional english....

I am a happy girl!

PS The food is majestic. Never in my LIFE coujld i have imagined that Pad Thai could be so ridiculously good!

Lots of love!


Leah

1 comment:

  1. can't wait to see the pictures!!!! (i know i keep saying this but it's because I really mean it.... ;))

    ReplyDelete