Sunday, May 8, 2011

A taste of my own medicine: Ode to an immature boy

I bet you're excited after reading that title. Well, you should be.

For YEARS I have been the anti-emotional attachment, pro- pretending to date someone QUEEN. I mean, I had it down to an art. Get someone to take me out, convince them they like me (all through feminine wiles), and then usually get some free stuff and some kissing out of it. And the quid pro quo is to get super freaked out by/annoyed by the boys who think I actually wanted an attachment out of it.

I know, I know, I'm cruel, blah blah blah. Whatever. It happens. A girl's got needs.


So anyway, I've recently (meaning gradually over the past 7 months or so) gotten over this pattern. And I was ready to get into a relationship, and form an emotional attachment, and all that stuff that people crave.

And then I got a taste of my own medicine.

He came, he put in little effort, he got exactly what he wanted out of it.

And then he left.

So, basically, sorry to all the guys I did that to. It sucks.

To be honest, though, I had it coming, didn't I?

2 comments:

  1. ha! sorry, i have to laugh at this. oh the game of catch and release...i heart you. and i miss you. p.s. i'm glad you wrote what you did on my blog post. it was nice to know i'm not the only one that feels women are keeched.

    ReplyDelete
  2. at least everyone else seems to want to date you these days. :) But I hate getting doses of my own medicine as well, but in the end I learn. HOWEVER it doesn't mean that this boy had ANY right to treat you that way. If I ever run into him somewhere.....

    ReplyDelete