Monday, December 13, 2010

I'm not dramatic. Drama and I just have a high correlation

My sister Debby once described me that way.

Well, I guess this weekend lives up to that reputation. Let me tell you about it.

First of all, I found something I like about winter. I like late afternoon showers that are so hot they turn your skin pink. And I like getting out of them, when no one is home, and seeing the bluish winter light coming through the blinds. That's what I love. So picture this - I'm all blissed out from finding just one little thing I like about winter, and then, Sunday morning, I come out my job to find....

My car was dead.

Now normally, that would mean that I was retarded and left the lights on, but after 20 minutes of trying to juice up the battery (thanks Bryan), it still wouldn't start. So just picture me in my 4 inch leopard print heels prancing around the MTC parking lot. Awesome. Luckily, some nice stranger and his attractive son popped the clutch, and I got going.

Then, I get to church, and I park. I closed my eyes in hopeful anticipation, and killed the engine. And it wouldn't turn over.

Well, if you know anything about me, this next part won't surprise you. My quid pro quo is to freak out and then get over it. So I have this sobbing breakdown in church, and everyone's like looking back at me as I'm heaving and sniffling. It's fine. It doesn't help that I'm already a ward project..... I think they think I'm inactive. Whatever.

Anyway, so long story short (I know, too late), I had to pop the clutch one more time this morning to get it to the mechanic, and in order to do that, I had to push it (thanks to my friends Adam and Drew), and.... no one stopped to help. We had a GIRL pushing a CAR people! What the heck?! It's fine.

Add to all this that I had a final this morning at 7 and one this afternoon at 1, and that I got up at 4:30 to study. And that I took an epic nap on the wooden benches at school. Awesome.

Just freaking out a little bit.

1 comment:

  1. that sounds horrendous leah. just remember, winter break is just around the corner. (no one stopped to help you, really??)

    ReplyDelete