Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Coming home

Today, I just wanted to make a list.

Coming home is:

Chilling with my parents.
Chick flicks with my sisters. Not the new, predictable kind - the 80s ones or the classic-novels-turned-into-a-british-miniseries kind. North and South anyone?

Joking around with my dad.
Howling with my dog. If she weren't so afraid of the camera, I'd show you that.
high heels. I ALWAYS forget flats when I come home.
Shopping. Thrift stores, to be specific. LOVE THEM.
Mexican food. Mostly from hole in the wall places, but my chipotle lime chicken can hold its own.
Not driving.
Inn - N - Out.

The Lakers flag on my parent's car at the airport. They think it makes them easier to see. They don't even know the name of 1 Lakers player.
Warm food.
Free ingredients for said warm food.
A big bed. With a feather mattress.
Being able to chill in my pajamas until 4pm.
Hot cocoa, vanilla steamers, and tea. All the freaking time.
Movies. Lots of them. In the theater, at home, on TV.
Yarn working. Crocheting and knitting, people. I've gotten GOOD at it.
This is the scarf I'm currently working on. Mine doesn't look quite this good...


So here is my question. What is "going home" to you?

2 comments:

  1. OH my gosh... I LOVE North and South!!! ;-) You should watch Daniel Doronda....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just did! It was great. Gwendolyn is such an interesting Character!

    ReplyDelete