Wednesday, May 2, 2012

An (almost) Desperate Plea for Validation

This post is probably going to come off a little bitchy.

If you're not into that, here are some other fantastic websites you can visit that don't have that tone:

hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com

http://iwastesomuchtime.com/

http://attackofthecute.com/

If you are into that, then here goes.

So, I hang out with people. Most nights. I have the few nights where I stay home, but usually, I'm not home. Not in the spring, summer, or fall, at least. And I see all these people I love - old friends, new friends, acquaintances that still think I'm awesome and therefore still want to hang out with me (they don't last very long (:).  And these people I see usually bring up my blog. They say things like

"You're so funny!"

"I love reading your blog."

"That post about (fill in the blank) was awesome."

and

"You're so awesome you make unicorns and Chuck Norris alike bow their heads in shame, eclipsed by the blinding glory you emanate."

(K, so that last one was fake. But I'd LOVE it if someone DID say that to me!)

And yet, it seems that these people chuckle in silence, never bothering to validate my hilarity (thus ensuing its continuance) through comments, either here or on facebook. And I just have to say....

REALLY? As I'm writing, I spend a good amount of time thinking of the funniest and best ways to phrase things. I find amusing and informative videos to illustrate my points.

If you think I'm funny, tell me so.

Because, dear readers, I could REALLY use some validation right about now.

4 comments:

  1. Leah - you are funny, and spunky. And I mean it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You, my dear, are funny! You're also brilliant! So put that in your pipe and smoke it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get really excited when I see you have a new post! I wish I could write like you, so it makes me feel betting knowing that these things don't just flow from you. You actually have to think about it that makes me enjoy it even more ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make comments on your blog more than you make on mine! ;)

    ReplyDelete