Sunday, December 13, 2009

just an update...

So I actually went on a GOOD date last night. Way to redeem my dating life.

SOOOO... one of my professors decided to turn my finals (I'm taking 2 classes from him) into take home finals. Which sounded awesome at the time, but now I'm realizing that that makes it okay for him to make the final really hard and really long.... and considering I have 2 classes from him, and therefore 2 take home finals, I have spent the WHOLE weekend working on them.

But in different news, I am going to be in Chicago in like 36 hours! And I get to see all my favorite people! And I am SO EXCITED... I freaking can't contain myself.

So I got a job at the MTC! I teach ESL to spanish speakers. And I love my job SO MUCH that I would rather be there teaching than at home. Or anywhere else. And I get my first class in january AND I get to help the Elder from armenia and my life is good. I have a white name tag now....

I had a dinner party at my house on friday night, and I decided to be ambitious in my choice of food. I roasted two whole chickens with vegetables and baked a pumpkin pie. It was delicious! And 3 Elders from the mission came, and it was really fun. And it combined with my sister's birthday party later that night. But she refused to sing the song we made up...

Finals are tomorrow. And then I'm going to CHICAGO!!! And this time I can wear jeans. Joy to the world!

1 comment:

  1. Baby cakes-
    So glad you're doing so well! You must move to DC, become my roommate, and use your fantastic cooking skills to be my personal chef.

    ReplyDelete